Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gorganzola Cream Sauce

Did I tell you about the world's greatest white sauce? Ryan took me to Cafe Pro Bono in Palo Alto a few weeks ago (we got a babysitter and everything!), and we had THE most divine dish of pasta. No kidding. Divine.

The dish is called Susan's Downfall, and their menu describes it as "cheese and herb ravioli with gorgonzola and toasted almonds." The cream sauce was so delicate, with this amazing depth of flavor...I can't even describe it!

So of course I decided to try a gorganzola cream sauce at home. (After all, I'm almost back to my pre-baby weight. I deserve it, right? haha) I found a well reviewed recipe online and gave it a whirl. I'm sorry to say somethings are just better left to the pros. I have no idea how that Cafe Pro Bono makes their sauce sing, but mine just didn't live up. It was still good; don't get me wrong. Just not the same.


So there you have it. A food saga. This was probably of absolutely no worth to you, unless you live in the Bay Area, in which case, GET YOURSELF OVER TO CAFE PRO BONO!


**As a side note, no, I don't usually saturate our pasta with sauce like the above picture. :) I just reallllly wanted to make sure you could see it in the photo.I think I was a little overzealous.

3 comments:

Ash said...

I didn't know you had a recipe blog! All your recipes look fantastic! I can't wait to try them! Especially this one. It sounds amazing.

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

I had no idea you were such a foody! I have a thing or two to learn from you! I'm a terrible cook! I'm going to start demanding baked goods at park day now that I know you are such a chef!!

Tawny said...

ooh! i want to go try that place now. i have a recipe for olive garden's steak gorgonzola alfredo(which has a gorgonzola alfredo/cream sauce on it) that is sooo good! you should give it a try next time! http://theyearofthecookie.blogspot.com/2010/09/olive-gardens-steak-gorgonzola-alfredo.html