Friday, January 9, 2009

Bell Pepper Salad

Today I've got a simple side salad for you to try. I saw it on the Food Network, and since my husband and I had recently bought a TON of fresh produce that I needed to use up (see photo below), I decided to give it a try. It has a great fresh taste, thanks to the lime juice, and I love anything with banana peppers in it. I'd say the best thing about this dish is that it's new. So if you're tired of the same old sides and salads, this will liven up some of your standby meals.


1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (had red & green on hand, so I used half of each)
Hot banana pepper rings, drained and chopped plus 2 tablespoons juice
A handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 lime, juiced
A light drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper

Throw it all together, and enjoy! Garnish with lime slices if you'd like.

Now, on another note, if you live in the Bay area, be sure to get over to the Milk Pail sometime! It's a European-style produce market in Palo Alto, on San Antonio. And it's CHEAP! Can you believe that? We bought all of this produce (and more, actually) for 29 bucks, which (obviously) would be impossible at Safeway.

No comments: