Thursday, October 2, 2008

Asian Spinach Salad

I tried this recipe for the first time tonight, and it was a hit. I was curious to see if my husband, Ryan, would like it (sometimes he's a little skeptical when it comes to pasta salads), but three big servings later, I'm pretty sure it passed the test. :)

I couldn't get over the great sesame flavor in this dish. And the slight crunch of the bean sprouts...Trust me, this is worth a shot.


I got this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, This Week for Dinner. Thanks, Jane, for sharing it!

Here are my variations:
  • Because we always like a little heat, I added a 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
  • I didn't end up adding the water chestnuts, mostly because I forgot...But it was still delicious.
  • And I didn't feel like buying sesame SEED oil for one recipe...(I usually try to wait to buy a new random ingredient like that until I have a couple recipes I can use it in.)
  • Green onions would be a fantastic in this, so next time, I'm going to add them
Well, that was simple. If you give this a try, let me know what you think!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great blog. I look forward to reading more!

Jeni said...

I am trying this! It looks sooooo good.

Malerie said...

I have made this, too. Don't you think the flavor in the dressing is the BEST?

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Yes, Mal, the flavor really is SO GOOD! I was surprised at how much flavor it had.

Mary B said...

LOVED IT!!! In fact, I'm going to go have leftovers RIGHT NOW!