Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jack's Prime

I've got a restaurant recommendation for all you locals. Jack's Prime. It's a hamburger joint on El Camino in San Mateo, CA. After our first bite, Hubby and I both looked up at each other and instantly agreed that their burgers are loaded with flavor. The diner has an authentic feel, completely casual and understated. And it's the kind of place where the owner comes out to say hello and ask you how you liked your meal. But watch out—it's packed on Friday nights! Guess that's how you know it's good!

photo from jacksprime.com

I'm sure you've noticed by now that we're spice lovers, so we recommend the Phoenix burger. If you've ever been to Jack's Prime or if you go in the near future, let me know what you think!

Happy dining!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi Erica!
I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I didn't know you were in the Bay Area, too! I'm just across the bay on the other end of the SM bridge :)Thanks for the recommendation -- we're always up for trying new mom & pop burger places.

Sarah said...

I'm a friend of Natalie's and found your through her site. (I'm one of her neighbors/friends, etc). I love going to that side of the bay, so maybe my husband and I will have to go on a date out there or something. If you are in that area, you should totally try Cleo's, it's also on El Camino Real, but I think they're in San Bruno...I think. It is Brazilian...oh so good (if you like meat, and we love meat. They have bacon wrapped chicken...mmm). I love your recipes!